Mr. Ibrahim Abdullahi Zeidy is the current Director of the COMESA Monetary Institute. He set up the COMESA Monetary Institute which became operational in March 2011. Previously, he worked as a Senior Monetary Economist at the COMESA Secretariat, in Lusaka, Zambia for 11 years and as a Director of Research in National Bank of Ethiopia which is the country’s Central Bank for 6 years.
In both institutions, he worked as a researcher and coordinated research activities. He also organized many knowledge sharing workshops on Monetary and Financial Intergration issues.
In his current role, Mr. Zeidy is responsible for the implementation of the COMESA Monetary Cooperation programme which is aimed at ultimately achieving the COMESA Monetary Union.
Mr. Zeidy has M. Phil Degree in Monetary Economics from Glasgow University, with about 30 years of experience on macroeconomic policy and financial sector issues. He participated in many international and regional conference and workshops.
He has also written and co-author several documents such as:
- Impact of COVID-19 on MSMEs in Africa by Ibrahim Zeidy
- Macroeconomic Impacts of COVID 19 in Sub-Saharan- Africa by Ibrahim Zeidy
- The Role of Trade Finance in Promoting Trade and the Implications of Covid-19 by Ibrahim Zeidy
- Finance for Inclusive Growth and Development by Ibrahim Zeidy
- Data Requirements for Undertaking MFSF in the COMESA Region by Ibrahim Zeidy
- Progress Report on COMESA Monetary Integration by Ibrahim Zeidy
- CMI paper on Domestic Resource Mobilisation by Ibrahim Zeidy and Dr. Lucas Kamau Njoroge
- Inclusive Growth paper-Oct26 by Ibrahim Zeidy, Dr. Lucas Njoroge and Mr. Yusuf Atiku Abdalla
- Value Chain as a Vehicle for Development in Africa by Ibrahim Zeidy
- FSI Analysis for Selected COMESA Member Countries – English by Dr. Lucas Kamau Njoroge
- A Proposal for Partial Credit Guarantee Scheme in COMESA by Ibrahim Zeidy and Dr. Berhane Tewolde
- Proposal for Appropriate Monetary Policy Regimes for COMESA 2013-Final By Ibrahim A. Zeidy, Nicholas Korir and Zorodzo Chuma